PhD (biology), Associate Professor, Head of ABS NCC since its establishment in 2014.
Ms Elena Makeyeva is the National Focal Point for the Nagoya Protocol in the Republic of Belarus officially nominated by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection of the Republic of Belarus for ongoing communication with the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity, participation in the events organized by the Convention on Biological Diversity, coordination of activities to implement the provisions of the Nagoya Protocol or during the realization of International Assistance Projects in Belarus.
Member of the CBD Committee for the Compliance with the Nagoya Protocol on Access to Genetic Resources and the Fair and Equitable Sharing of Benefits Arising from their Utilization:
– elected at the 12th Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity for the period 2014-2018;
– re-elected at the 14th Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity for the period 2018-2022.
• Member of the Informal Advisory Committee of the Convention on Biological Diversity for capacity-building to implement the Nagoya Protocol.
• Member of an Expert Board on Safety of Genetically Modified Organisms under the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection of the Republic of Belarus.
• Member of the Intergovernmental Coordination Board on the implementation of the Convention on Biodiversity under the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection of the Republic of Belarus.
• Member of the Academic Board of the Institute of Genetics and Cytology, NAS of Belarus.
Ms Elena Makeyeva carries out administrative and scientific administration of the Centre; ensures the implementation of its socio-economic development plans and the activities of the Centre in accordance with the functions defined by the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of October 1, 2014 No. 933. She interacts with government bodies, third-party organizations, structural divisions of the Institute, etc. on issues that fall under the scope of ABS NCC; creates conditions for advanced training of research scientists and specialists of the Centre.